Monday, March 18, 2013

2/3 of the Way There! Woo Hoo!

I am now 2/3 of the way through my 21DSD, and I have come to some very interesting realizations. Yes, we all know there is WAY too much sugar in the standard American diet, but, until I got to this point in my detox, I never really understood what that meant.

I had gotten a drop of honey on my finger while making the kids an almond milk "steamer" and nonchalantly and unintentionally licked it off, purely out of habit. Whoa. That one little drop of honey was SOOOOOO sweet, it made me gag! Keep in mind that this reaction to a tiny bit of natural sugar is coming from the chick who would eat three York Peppermint Patties at one sitting!

I plan to end my 21DSD as scheduled so that I can enjoy my work banquet next week, wine club (especially wine club!), and Easter. However, when the craziness is all done, I'm going right back to no sugar. I can totally do it 3 weeks a month. It's actually been quite easy for me, and I do notice the difference.

Be prepared for before and after pictures, coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment