Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Paleo Parents and Slim is Simple movie

It is Day 9 with my 21-Day Sugar Detox, and I have to say that I am actually doing quite well! The only thing I have really missed, as far as sugar goes, is my homemade, Paleo creamer. I usually mix a can of full-fat, organic coconut milk with honey, cinnamon, and vanilla, but, on the 21DSD honey isn't allowed, and I discovered the Costco Kirkland vanilla has sugar in it, so those are out. And, as much as I hate to say it, coffee without those things just doesn't taste very good! I still put the coconut milk and cinnamon in it, but without the honey, it just isn't the same. =(

As I said, though, I am doing quite well. I was looking through my pictures for a "before" picture (which, I realized, I don't have a whole lot of - I've never really liked having pictures taken of me - gee, I wonder why...), and when I find one, I will post it. Since I'm only on Day 9, it'll be a while before I post the "after" picture, but I will.

I just checked out the Paleo Parents blog (Their cookbook, Eat Like a Dinosaur, is great, and they're coming out with a new cookbook, Beyond Bacon, soon.), and saw that Stacy, the mom of the Paleo Parents, had done the 21DSD. Naturally, I wanted to check out her "before" and "after" pics. The difference is quite astounding! And all in just 21 days makes it even more impressive!

Which brings me to the second part of the title of this post... Slim is Simple movie. Now that I've been sugar-free for over a week, and I feel pretty dang good, I want to share some things I've learned. Check out the movie and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment