Thursday, March 21, 2013

PMS? Or Just an Insane Craving For Chocolate...

I apologize right now to any men who may be reading this. Guess what. I'm going to talk about PMS. Yep. That lovely fun time in a woman's month when she feels less than human. Yippee!

So, guys, I'm sorry. There. I said it. Now on to today's post...

I caved today. Majorly. I have come to the conclusion that making chocolate-covered strawberries (like I did for Valentine's day) "for the kids" when I'm doing the 21DSD is a BAAAAAD idea. I ate 4 of them today! Whoops! Maybe it's PMS. Could be.

Oh, well, tomorrow is another day. I am not going to beat myself up when I have come so far, I just wanted to, well, come clean. Integrity is important to me, and I don't want to give the impression I survived the whole 21 days without a single "oops".

Nevertheless, I do intent to go right back to no sugar after Easter. I have actually come to enjoy my not-sweetened chocolate treats, especially the Paleo Mocha Frappo that the Paleo Parents posted, compliments of AndreAnna of LifeAsAPlate.com. Here's the recipe:

Paleo Mocha Frappo
Ingredients
  • 1 C ice (use AndreAnna’s tip of making coffee ice cubes if you can plan ahead)
  • 8oz black coffee, chilled
  • 2 T cocoa powder
  • 2T coconut cream concentrate (coconut oil will work as an alternative)
  • 1 VERY (overly) ripe banana (or green tipped for 21DSD)
  • 1 can cold coconut milk
  • 2 egg whites
Instructions for Topping
  1. Whip cold egg whites with electric mixer in cold (preferably metal bowl) until they form soft peaks
  2. Open the can of coconut milk and skim the coconut cream off the top (about 2-3oz from a 14oz can) of the separated coconut milk
  3. Use a whisk or fork to loosen the coconut cream from a solid
  4. Slowly fold in the coconut cream to the egg whites, return to refrigerator (will keep in airtight container for a day or two)
Instructions for Smoothie
  1. Put ice in blender
  2. Add half the coconut water from the canned coconut milk (or 5oz of milk alternative) and all other ingredients and blend until smooth
  3. Add a dollop of the whipped coconut topping, dust with a pinch of cocoa powder
  4. Enjoy!

Diet (other): Gluten free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free
Number of servings (yield): 2 tall or 1 venti frapp

So, there it is: my confession (I ate chocolate and strawberries.), my conclusion (I will go back to no sugar.), and my self-absolution (I am not a failure, and I have done very well on this detox!). Hopefully, you all will see it in your hearts to forgive me too?

No comments:

Post a Comment