So, guys, I'm sorry. There. I said it. Now on to today's post...
I caved today. Majorly. I have come to the conclusion that making chocolate-covered strawberries (like I did for Valentine's day) "for the kids" when I'm doing the 21DSD is a BAAAAAD idea. I ate 4 of them today! Whoops! Maybe it's PMS. Could be.
Oh, well, tomorrow is another day. I am not going to beat myself up when I have come so far, I just wanted to, well, come clean. Integrity is important to me, and I don't want to give the impression I survived the whole 21 days without a single "oops".
Nevertheless, I do intent to go right back to no sugar after Easter. I have actually come to enjoy my not-sweetened chocolate treats, especially the Paleo Mocha Frappo that the Paleo Parents posted, compliments of AndreAnna of LifeAsAPlate.com. Here's the recipe:
Paleo Mocha Frappo
- 1 C ice (use AndreAnna’s tip of making coffee ice cubes if you can plan ahead)
- 8oz black coffee, chilled
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 2T coconut cream concentrate (coconut oil will work as an alternative)
- 1 VERY (overly) ripe banana (or green tipped for 21DSD)
- 1 can cold coconut milk
- 2 egg whites
- Whip cold egg whites with electric mixer in cold (preferably metal bowl) until they form soft peaks
- Open the can of coconut milk and skim the coconut cream off the top (about 2-3oz from a 14oz can) of the separated coconut milk
- Use a whisk or fork to loosen the coconut cream from a solid
- Slowly fold in the coconut cream to the egg whites, return to refrigerator (will keep in airtight container for a day or two)
- Put ice in blender
- Add half the coconut water from the canned coconut milk (or 5oz of milk alternative) and all other ingredients and blend until smooth
- Add a dollop of the whipped coconut topping, dust with a pinch of cocoa powder
Diet (other): Gluten free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free
Number of servings (yield): 2 tall or 1 venti frapp
So, there it is: my confession (I ate chocolate and strawberries.), my conclusion (I will go back to no sugar.), and my self-absolution (I am not a failure, and I have done very well on this detox!). Hopefully, you all will see it in your hearts to forgive me too?